Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 14, 2009

ovidrel... and was this the big O?

I went in Thursday for the day 18 sonogram. There were mature follicles on both ovaries- one on each side. Best case scenario materialised said the dr. :)

So I left the dr's with a smile on my face for the first time. Ever.

Came home in the evening, and was dreading the ovidrel shot. We had guests over for dinner, and I almost missed the 6-10pm window they'd reccomended I take it during. I rushed into my room, took a motrin, applied an ice pack for a few minutes and then steadied my shaking hands and took the plunge. It was surprisingly painless!

The aftermath has been more painful. After the shot, I was crampy last night and it felt like a squeaky machine was being turned on after a long time off- that might be a strange analogy but that's the best way I can describe it. Today I felt super bloated and my jeans that are usually large at the waist felt snug. I had light cramping all day long, and for an hour this evening really hard cramping. Double over in pain cramping. It faded after an hour.

Could that have been the big O?

No comments: