Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Qs for the Dr.

so after my sonogram, husb and I sat with the dr for a consultation.

We wanted to discuss next steps. I noticed when my bills finally arrived that for each visit I've been to the drs for, they've billed me both for the sonogram and a dr's visit. Maybe because the dr does the sonogram, they do it this way but I definitely don't consider those rushed 5 minute encounters office visits.

So we sit down for our chat. I have come prepared with a list of questions.

I ask how many cycles of clomid he reccomends. He said 3 ovulatory cycles is what he reccomends before moving on to something else. This is my 4th month on clomid, but the first two I was seeing another dr and didn't ovulate. Adding the HCG trigger seems to have done the trick last month, and hopefully this month too. That means I could do clomid one more month...

I ask since we figured I ovulated last month, should I be doing anything more to make sure my uterine lining is hospitable. And he got somewhat impatient and told me I had to trust myself in his care and that he already had me doing everything we should be doing.

I had a few other questions that he answered satisfactorily, although it came across to me as if he didn't really appreciate my questioning him.

I wanted to know what the next steps were and he was a little hesitant to go into detail about them, saying we should take things one step at a time.

He told us that my case seems fairly straightforward and he's 95% confident I will get pregnant, and that it is only a matter of time.

Seeing I've responded well to clomid (had just one mature follicle this month at 20) and along with the trigger, I seem to ovulate, and given the HSG and SIS were both clear, I don't have other obstacles ahead. He advised being patient.

At the end of our visit, he tells me to stop doing internet research and to just think of other things.

Easier said than done.

Anyhow, happy to have gotten answers to my questions.

No comments: