Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

dry skin, and weekend tales


Is anyone combating dry skin like never before? I think it must be pregnancy related but my skin's been parched, and dry and flakey and nothing was working.

Until I came across Vaseline's Cocoa Butter gel body oil- genius of a product!! It totally soaks into your skin, leaving it luminous. Highly reccomend it! Plus I read that cocoa butter really helps to prevent stretch marks. Thought I'd share the tip if any one else out there is as frustrated by dry skin as me :)

We have been having a fantastic weekend. I don't have very many friends with children (2 to be exact) , and yesterday I went to the birthday party of my best friend's 2 year old daughter. It was about 10 kids, all under 5, running around creating a ruckus. Gave me an idea of what Brangelina's house must be like! :) I quickly acquired a headache but it was fun talking to all the mommy's about motherhood. I let the cat slip out the bag about the pregnancy, but figured I'll never see these ladies again so it's ok. Motherhood is a club I've been dreaming of belonging to for so long!!

Today it's a beautiful day in NYC- bright blue skies, and the sun out full force. I can almost smell Spring :) Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Catrisha T said...

I love the Vaseline line of products. I usually just use the regular cocoa butter lotion, so I'm going to have to try this now. Thanks for the reccomendation. Glad that you had a good weekend. Isn't it a great feeling knowing that you're a part of the Motherhood club now? I remember when I was pregnant being so guarded in telling anyone until I was in the 2nd trimester, but it was a great feeling once I did. CONGRATS again.

Jaymee said...

hope you found the cure for your skin. mine is age, but it is causing major insanity around here.

it is wonderful to be able to tell people, especially when you don't even know them! just finally feeling a part of the club is wonderful.

Courtney said...

I have been bathing in cocoa butter too!
It is so fun to finally be in the mom to be club.
ICLW