Monday, February 15, 2010

maternity clothing- it's another planet!!

Maternity shopping is a whole new field for me. And this is coming from a die-hard fashion lover.

Do I buy my regular size in the maternity line? How much longer will the item fit? Do I anticipate that my ass/hips will also widen? By how much?

Questions questions. I've never felt so lost on a shopping expedition.

Found the Old Navy maternity stuff rather lacking. I guess much like the brand, it was mostly of pretty poor quality, and lacking the support I think good maternity wear should have. I still got two items: denim capris and black pants for work- both were on sale and 20$ each so a good deal. I am thinking my tops will last me for a while. I just didn't know what else to get and what size to get it in, so I figure I'll wait and see.

BUT I did go looking through the "normal" clothes at some of my favorite stores and found a few items that will work for maternity wear as well (bought a size or two larger)- lots of pretty dresses out for Spring, and the empire waist is perfect for us pregnant ladies!

A beautiful moment happened when I was out shopping: I'd just purchased my two pants at Old Navy and was riding down the escalator when I was overcome with a feeling that I can only describe as the most content moment of my life. It just felt right that I was finally at this landmark moment, buying maternity clothes for my rapidly expanding body because of this baby inside me. I really had to fight not crying right there in the store and walked out with the biggest smile on my face :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Isn't it lovely when those moments wash over you? :)

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing